Instant Lemon Rice
- 4 cups rice rinsed (use cup that came with the instant pot or 3/4 cup 1:1 ratio water to rice)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 zest and the juice of that lemon
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Pinch turmeric
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried parsley to garnish
- Put instant pot on sauté and sauté onion for about three minutes having some water nearby in case it begins to stick.
- Add in the shallot and garlic and stir for one minute turning off the instant pot and using a few more splashes of water so not to burn the garlic.
- Add your pinch of turmeric and nutritional yeast and give a good stir along with half of the zest of lemon and half of the lemon juice. This will release some yum yums.
- Add your water and rice into the instant pot, give it all a stir, seal the lid and hit your rice button and knob to seal.
- Once done, release the button manually and add the rest of the lemon zest and lemon juice and give it a good fluff with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Salt and white pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with some fresh steamed asparagus, peas or broccoli.
- Reheat rice slowly and on low heat.
- Alternate: You can cook rice with veg broth for more flavour, but I would use a low sodium.
- NOTE: You can also use some left over rice for a “quicker” version. Sauté onion, shallot and garlic in nonstick, add turmeric, all the lemon zest and juice and add in cooked rice (6-8 cups).