Creamy Veg Soup
- 1 White Onion
- 4 Carrots (large)
- 6 Potatoes (red or yellow)
- 1 Leek
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Raw cashews (can be omitted)
- 1 cup broiling water to soak cashews
- 1/2 cup Plant milk
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/4 Thyme
- 1/4 nutritional yeast
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- If using, add boiling water to cashews in a bowl and set aside for 1/2 hour.
- Blend with a mini blender such as a Ninja.
- Meanwhile, clean and chop all veggies into large chunks uniformly.
- Yes, you don’t really have to scrape or peel if you don’t want to. Place in all ingredients, bar herbs, in large pot and add 6 cups water.
- This should just cover the veggies. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. DO NOT drain.
- Add herbs and blend with an immersion blender or if using a regular blender, let the soup cool down for about a half-hour.
- Add milk and blended cashews.
- Adjust salt and seasonings.
- Note: This is oil-free, dairy-free and vegan