Creamy Veg Soup
- 1 White Onion
- 4 Carrots (large)
- 6 Potatoes (red or yellow)
- 1 Leek
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Raw cashews (can be omitted)
- 1 cup broiling water to soak cashews
- 1/2 cup Plant milk
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/4 Thyme
- 1/4 nutritional yeast
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- If using, add boiling water to cashews in a bowl and set aside for 1/2 hour.
- Blend with a mini blender such as a Ninja.
- Meanwhile, clean and chop all veggies into large chunks uniformly.
- Yes, you don’t really have to scrape or peel if you don’t want to. Place in all ingredients, bar herbs, in large pot and add 6 cups water.
- This should just cover the veggies. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. DO NOT drain.
- Add herbs and blend with an immersion blender or if using a regular blender, let the soup cool down for about a half-hour.
- Add milk and blended cashews.
- Adjust salt and seasonings.
- Note: This is oil-free, dairy-free and vegan
I started out several years ago watching Forks Over Knives, decided to “try out” the plant-based meal plan and had shockingly incredible results. I’ve never turned back. I have lost nearly 50 pounds, and that is just one side effect that me, my family, friends and clients have experienced after making the change.
Having been an incredible cook my entire adult life, I started my own personal chef service, NuYu Nourish, to extend my help to others. I interned under a celebrity chef, became a celebrity chef myself and have been expanding my reach and goals ever since! My plan follows strictly and simply those of Dr. Mcdougall, Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Esselstyn.