Green Bean Casserole
- 24 oz Frozen green beans of choice (I use French)
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 large onions (1 to slice lengthwise to dehydrate, 1 chopped)
- 1 shallot minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Pinch poultry “seasoning”
- 2 tbsp low sodium, gluten free Tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup plant milk
- Water for sautéing
- Salt/Pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté mushrooms in a non-stick until soft. Add onion, sauté for another 4 min., then add shallot and garlic and sauté 1 more minute.
- Whisk plant milk, potato starch and nutritional yeast together, then add to the nonstick pan with the sautéed veggies. Tuen off heat. This will thicken nicely when it hits the pan. Stir and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the thawed beans in casserole dish of choice (9 inch). Add sauce, mix to coat beans, cover and bake 30 min.
- Remove lid, add half the dehydrated onion, cover and bake another 10 min or until desired tenderness.
- Remove lid, add the remaining dehydrated onions in a nice design (yes, have fun with it) and serve!
- Note: If sauce seems too thick add some splashes of plant milk. This recipe can easily be doubled.
I started out several years ago watching Forks Over Knives, decided to “try out” the plant-based meal plan and had shockingly incredible results. I’ve never turned back. I have lost nearly 50 pounds, and that is just one side effect that me, my family, friends and clients have experienced after making the change.
Having been an incredible cook my entire adult life, I started my own personal chef service, NuYu Nourish, to extend my help to others. I interned under a celebrity chef, became a celebrity chef myself and have been expanding my reach and goals ever since! My plan follows strictly and simply those of Dr. Mcdougall, Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Esselstyn.