Back in my low to no carb days, I once tried spaghetti squash. Well I was not a fan. It was bland, my tastebuds thought, until I went plant-based some years later.
You know it only takes 10 days to change the “buds”? They really are your buds! Your buddies!
Now, I love this squash! And my theory about squash is that it pulls the bad things from your intestines. How I came to this was one day I was slicing some zucchini to “fry”, really bake on parchment paper, with a homemade “breading” and later to serve with my plant-based Ranch Dressing. (My son loved this snack).
Now, after I sliced the zucchini I walked away to gather up my other ingredients and when I returned to my squash I noticed a sticky watery gel coming out of the squash.
Now, not to freak anyone out, but my realization was that this sticky was actually cleaning our intestinal track as we digest, whether raw or cooked. I noticed this with other squash eventually.
Again, this is my theory. But I never feel, bloated, heavy or miserable after eating it oil free, of course. Do you?
Here is my signature spaghetti squash recipe. And remember, it’s ok to make it your own, the seasonings really are endless, but go oil free, dairy free and meat free and really EXPERIENCE this veg.
I’ll bet you’ll never be the same again! 😍 HEALTHY.
Succulent Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tsp dry chives (1 T if fresh)
- 1 tsp dry parsley (1 T if fresh)
- salt and white pepper to taste if desired
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut spaghetti squash longways.
- Take any spoon to scrape seeds out. As a tip, I use my mums grapefruit spoon which has “teeth” on it and is perfect for scraping these seeds away, so yeah, scrape the seeds away.
- Place each half face down on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 40 min at 400° until the skin is soft, yet in tact.
- Flip over, scrape the inside with a fork to make the “spaghetti” and toss with my Plant-based Parmesan (bonus recipe below), fresh (or dry) parsley and chives. Salt and white pepper if desired.
- Serve in the skin and enjoy.I’ve also made this with my plant-based Alfredo and more recently my lentil bolognese sauce. Recipe coming soon…
I started out several years ago watching Forks Over Knives, decided to “try out” the plant-based meal plan and had shockingly incredible results. I’ve never turned back. I have lost nearly 50 pounds, and that is just one side effect that me, my family, friends and clients have experienced after making the change.
Having been an incredible cook my entire adult life, I started my own personal chef service, NuYu Nourish, to extend my help to others. I interned under a celebrity chef, became a celebrity chef myself and have been expanding my reach and goals ever since! My plan follows strictly and simply those of Dr. Mcdougall, Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Esselstyn.