- 6-8 gluten free lasagna noodles (Tinkyada brand)
- 8 cups water
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in boiling water 10 min and rinsed
- 1/3 cup plant milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, rosemary or marjoram)
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Juice of half a lemon
- Slice tomatoes and place on baking sheet in a 350° oven for 10 min.
- Blend cashews with about 1/3 cup plant milk of choice in a mini blender, set aside.
- In stock pot sautéed onion for 2 min, add garlic and sauté one more minute (adding water so not to stick by the tablespoon) and add seasonings.
- Add the 8 cups water and bring to boil.
- Add broken lasagna noodles and simmer for 10 min or until al dente.
- Add cashew cream, roasted tomatoes, nutritional yeast, ribboned spinach, lemon and s/p to taste.
- Adjust flavours.
- Note: If broth is not thick enough make a “slurry” of corn or potato starch and cold water and add to soup until desired thickness. (1:2 ratio in tablespoons)
- Note: We love this with a crunchy whole clove roasted garlic bread (oil free). This soup is incredible topped with some roasted mushrooms and you can replace spinach with fresh shredded zucchini.