- 1 pkg orzo (gluten free is great, whole grain is great) cooked
- 1 cup thawed corn OR
- 2 fresh ears
- 1 cup frozen edamame (steamed for 8 min. and cooled)
- 1 small red onion diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup red bell (or yellow or orange) diced
- 1/2 carrot shredded (optional)
- 4 tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 green onion garnish
- 1 tbsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package, RINSE in cold water, place veggies, pasta, half spice/half sauce mix in a bowl, mix then cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- NOTE: Pasta will drink in ALL the flavours of the veggies, and seasoned sauce.
- After pasta is completely cooled in the fridge for one hour (at least) add the rest of the sauce/spice mix to the pasta and gently toss.
- Adjust flavours.
- If for some reason the sauce has soaked up even more, make another batch of sauce. You can always use excess on a green salad.
- NOTE: All pasta is made differently. You're adding water into something that HAD water then was dried, so the amount of water or fluid needed will, change. ALSO realize you aren't using OIL, which is fat, rancid and gross. So you may need more vinegar, etc. don't worry about it, the taste will make you not even get the idea that there's no oil.
- The ORZO measurements are for typically 12 oz. If you actually find a 16 oz., well you've got the gold, but if 8 oz. get 2 packages and just measure a 1/2 cup more of the second package. You can always adjust the seasonings or double your sauce.
- Garnish with green onion, more parsley, a dash of oregano and basil!
- Wisk all ingredients together