Rice Pilaf (Instant Pot)
- 4 cups long grain or basmati rice, brown or white (use the cup that comes with the Instant Pot)
- 4 cups water (same cup) if water not covering rice slightly add another 1/2 cup or so
- 1 small carrot shredded
- 1 half of small zucchini shredded
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small shallot diced
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 red bell pepper diced small
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp salt (Optional, but it does bring the flavors together)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Dash pepper
- Parsley and chives for garnish
- Place instant pot on sauté and sauté onion and shallot for 2 minutes (keeping water nearby in case it starts to stick), add bell pepper and zucchini sauté one more minute and in stir garlic.
- Add rinsed rice, water, nutritional yeast, poultry seasoning, turmeric, salt and pepper, give a good stir and put the Instant Pot on “Rice”, secure lid and point the steam button to sealing.
- Once time is up release the pressure and fluff rice with fork.
- If not eating right away and this is say a “batch” cook, place the rice in a large casserole dish to cool in fridge.
- Garnish with parsley or chives
I started out several years ago watching Forks Over Knives, decided to “try out” the plant-based meal plan and had shockingly incredible results. I’ve never turned back. I have lost nearly 50 pounds, and that is just one side effect that me, my family, friends and clients have experienced after making the change.
Having been an incredible cook my entire adult life, I started my own personal chef service, NuYu Nourish, to extend my help to others. I interned under a celebrity chef, became a celebrity chef myself and have been expanding my reach and goals ever since! My plan follows strictly and simply those of Dr. Mcdougall, Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Esselstyn.