Rice Pilaf (Instant Pot)
- 4 cups long grain or basmati rice, brown or white (use the cup that comes with the Instant Pot)
- 4 cups water (same cup)
- 1 small carrot shredded
- 1 half of small zucchini shredded
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small Shallot diced
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Dash pepper
- Place instant pot on sauté and sauté onion and shallot for 2 minutes (keeping a splash of water near by in case it starts to stick), add garlic and sauté 1 more minute, add rinsed rice, water, nutritional yeast, poultry seasoning, turmeric, salt and pepper, give a good stir and put the Instant Pot on “Rice” , secure lid and point the steam button to sealing.
- Once time is up release the pressure and fluff rice with fork.
- If not eating right away and this is say a “batch” cook, place the rice in a large casserole dish to cool in fridge.
- Garnish with green onion, parsley or chives.